Sunday, May 8, 2011

Midsummer Madness

"I know a place where the wild thyme blows..."



Of course, today wasn't actually midsummer. But there, June is way too hot to celebrate anything, indoors or outdoors, so the Valhalla Vasa lodge likes to celebrate Valborg and Midsommar all in one sometime in the beginning of May. Even now, it was 95 degrees!

Most of my clothing has now been shoved into suitcases and duffel bags that are ready to be sent off, including my “Midsummer Dress”...so this time around I opted for a simple neon yellow sundress with a braided belt and wedges. There weren't as many flower options available for the midsummer crowns this year, just red and pink carnations and baby's breath, but I used all three, of course – it's spring! The more color the better.



Do you celebrate any spring holidays? How do you welcome the warm weather?


No comments:

Post a Comment