Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In the Red

The "Lipstick Effect" is a phenomenon in which, during an economic crisis, women skip the "big" luxury items and indulge in little things instead...such as a brand new tube of luscious lipstick.

But this blog isn't about the economy, at least not directly. In fact, my next question is as far from stock markets and tax rates as it could possibly be:

My lovely ladies (and so-inclined gentlemen), how does your favorite lipstick make you feel?

When I'm having a rough day, I pull out my NYC dark red lipstick with a glimmering gold tint.  If I'm having a really rough day, I add a layer of deep red lipgloss on top of that. And instantly, I feel better. Not perfect, of course, but like I've got the confidence, the gumption, the "oomph" to go get it done. Lipstick isn't the only magical item with this effect. Add adorable wedges and a unique sundress and things get even better. We all know the drill - fashion is shallow, fashion is a fad, fashion is bad. Well, no. Forget what they say about fashion and let it be what it is - whatever you want it to be. This is a blog about how fashion enhances you...not your face or your image, but your personalty. It's about how fashion can help let you be more you.  No matter what the economy's doing.

 Image from weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment